Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's a Bird! Pink-necked Green Pigeon in Cadiz City

2005.03.18 Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Philippines

CJ David was in the island of Negros doing some documentary work. It was 5-6 AM when I noticed this plump silhouette of a pigeon-looking bird perched on a power cable along a residential area. It was a pigeon indeed as I trained my binoculars to it while slowly changing my orientation to face west to see this bird clearly with the sun behind me.

I grabbed my Canon EOS 300D camera and fixed my Canon 80-400 mm telephoto lens and clicked. Wow! A male Pink-necked Green Pigeon (Treron vernans). Uncommon in forest and forest patches from lowlands to at least 1000m according to my Bird Guidebook. It was my lucky day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! nice photo of these p.n. green pigeon. what's that at the base of its upper beak?

Anonymous said...

Nice shot Christ. Happy birding.

CJ David said...

Danny: You mean this pigeon's beak cere? Looks like it was dented - pushed inwards.

CJ David said...

Iwan: Thanks!